Game bans

Discussion in 'CS:GO Pre-Sale Questions' started by theZeni, May 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    Hi friends

in advance, im sorry if this question is out of the topic, but I dont know where to search information about this stuff.

So I saw a LOT of people getting game banned, even legit(I mean, real legit/clean noncheating people). Today I just got game banned as well after 4 days of nonplaying in the 3rd round of MM.

Admins, if this is out of topic, or not tolerated as a question, then feel free to remove/lock this thread.

Thanks for any reply/help.

unityloveunityloveunityloveunitylove

2. TheSuspect14

TheSuspect14 Member

Male
    VACnet

theZeni likes this.
  3. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    Well, yeah, I know it has something to do with VACnet, but why legitimate, clean players are getting banned as well if they didnt cheat?

4. Jacobt543

Jacobt543 Member

Male
    Well unless they changed something, vacnet just sends players to over watch if it detects them. So those “legit” players still got convicted by overwatch.

biohazard likes this.
  5. ArcOfCovenant

ArcOfCovenant Member

Male
    But Overwatch is being handled by thousands of players that plays jury, people won't wrongful accuse them, right? Who am I kidding!

6. TheSuspect14

TheSuspect14 Member

Male
    I strongly doubt that those "legit" players are actually legit, valve wouldn't make an anti cheat which could ban legit players, why aren't the pros getting banned, if VACnet is banning innocent players?

7. ArcOfCovenant

ArcOfCovenant Member

Male
    But there things such as false positives, it exists.

8. DreamMaker

DreamMaker Member

Female
    Is there many people banned?

9. ArcOfCovenant

ArcOfCovenant Member

Male
    People are claiming that some of the 'legit' and 'clean' players have been wrongfully banned by Overwatch. However, we can't claim they are 100% innocent because they were banned yet we also can't say they are guilty cause we didn't have a chance to look at the evidence.

10. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    I dont know the exact number of people getting banned. From one CSGO facebook community from my country and from neighbourhood country "csgo CZ/SK" which has over 60 thousand players I can see at least 30-50 posts of people getting game banned, even with expensive inventories. But I noticed one thing, that a lot of old accounts are getting banned. Boring Channel recently made video about it. And as ArcOfCovenant said, false positives exist. VACnet is relatively new system, can be faulty, as the first versions of VAC. I can at least hope for one thing, which happened.. i dont know, 1-3 months ago with one cheat provider which got "hit" by VAC that almost every ban has been lifted and removed. :/

11. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    That is true as well. But for example, I haven't played CSGO for 4 days (school,work, etc...) Today I've started MM with friends, full premade and I got kicked out of the game in the 3rd round of the game. Therefore, there wasnt enough time (8 rounds) to get into overwatch. And as we all know, OW reports reset after 21 hours or so. So it, in my opinion must be automated system by VACnet or some kind of it

12. Jacobt543

Jacobt543 Member

Male
    Even if vacnet is false detecting, it just sends people to overwatch. Overwatch hasn’t changed as far as I know aware so why would there be an increased number of bans even if vacnet is sending the legit people to overwatch. Sure, there is going to be false positives in overwatch, although it is very very rare.

13. NoSpread

NoSpread Support Leader

Male
    Seems like the implemented vacnet in their system. You can get banned on your clean account as well if you cheat on another account.

ShiiNe and Jacobt543 like this.
  14. ArcOfCovenant

ArcOfCovenant Member

Male
    False positive can exist and victimized real legit players if the one watching them belongs in a lower tier. Example, a Nova 1 judging a GE, but like Jacob said, it's very rare.

You can use your email a number of times for a steam account, I have 2 accounts under 1 mail. I think that particular link (the email) is the tool to link ban your clean account.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  15. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    as i said already :D I haven't played for 4 days, so my "case" couldn't go into OW after 3 rounds, if OW needs 8 rounds, hmm, am I right? or I do miss something :c Im just sad I lost good account, but I dont complain, there's still the rule, which says "dont cheat on account you don't want to lose" right? but still sad for me :c but on the other hand, valve is finally doing something...

16. ArcOfCovenant

ArcOfCovenant Member

Male
    The only thing Valve's doing is making their pockets bigger. ;)

theZeni likes this.
  17. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    tru dat GabeN

18. TheSuspect14

TheSuspect14 Member

Male
  19. Jacobt543

Jacobt543 Member

Male
    Well dang, I guess they changed stuff. But I mean you were cheating and they appropriately banned you. Hopefully we can get ahead of it though so more of us don’t get banned on our main or alts. And if these bans are truely applying to multiple innocent people, they will most likely reconsider.

20. theZeni

theZeni b1g NN

Male
    They could reconsider it, as you and me said about a lot of innocent people got banned as well.. we can only hope that they will unban few of us (i hope i'll be within them, but that's most likely not)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice